Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Image: Defining A Person

A site manager looks in a room full of possible candidates to fill an open position. All candidates are clothed in suit and tie except one guy, who wears tennis shoes and a tee. Immediately, the person with the shoes and tee is disqualified from the position before the manager looks at credentials or ask the standard interview questions. This person may have been the most qualified person at the interview. He may have had prior experience in the field, along with creditable references, but his attire puts him at a disadvantage.



Is society too stuck in it's ways? Personally, I do not think you should judge a book by it's covers. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, likewise, sometimes good people do bad things. The site manager I discussed could have very well been in the same situation as the tee and tennis shoes guy, if occurances in his life turned out differently. What truly measures a person's abilities, personality, and heart? Is it how they dress or how good of a first impression is left? Or is it honest and loyalty? I wanna know your opinion.

Just like always, I ended this blog incomplete. I really want my readers (when I actually gain some, lol) to leave their opinions, insight, etc. This will help me write better blogs in the future and give me something to debate about. Until next time, Peace Out... Stacks

No comments:

Post a Comment